"Mediatized Worlds" at the World Social Forum 2013
Members of the priority program organize panel and give talks at the World Social Forum 2013 in Montreal, Canada
Coordinator of the DFG priority program 1505 "Mediatized Worlds" Friedrich Krotz chairs a panel at the World Social Science Forum 2013 in Montreal, Canada on the topic "From Social to Mediatized Worlds: Mediatization and the Change of Everyday Life, Culture and Society". It takes place on monday, October 14 from 5pm-5.45pm.
The panel incudes the following talks:
- Stefan Beljean: Using Screen Technologies in the Wild. Two Cases of Mediatization Under Extreme Conditions
- Carina Jasmin Englert: Television as an Agency Within the Discourse of Forensic Medicine
- Mario Anastasiadis, Caja Thimm: The Mediatization of the Public Sphere - Conceptualising the 'Digital Citoyen'
- Friedrich Krotz: Conceptual Introduction: The Mediatization Approach and the Empirical Study of Mediatized Worlds
Please find further information on the panel here.
Furthermore, members of the priority program Monika Sowinska and Sabrina Böckmann give a talk at the World Social Science Forum 2013 together with former priority program-member Iren Schulz on "Methodological Challenges of Researching Social Change: Why Mediatization benefits from Qualitative Longitudinal Studies" in a panel on "Methodological Innovation". The panel takes place on sunday, October 13 from 3pm-4.45pm and covers the following research:
- Iren Schulz: Mediatization and the change of socialization in adolescence: a qualitative longitudinal study
- Monika Sowinska, Sabrina Böckmann: A qualitative longitudinal study about the mediatization of social relationships: Testing and improving the methods
Please find further information on the talk here.
General information on this year's World Social Science Forum can be found here.