Researching media changes
Communications researchers from research networks in Germany and Switzerland met for a workshop at the University of Bremen to discuss their concepts of 'media and communication change'
Co-organized by the DFG priority program 1505 "Mediatized Worlds", a workshop focussing on changes in media and society took place on 24 and 25 October, 2013 at the University of Bremen. Facebook, Twitter, blogs and search engines have become a central part of everyday life. Researchers from Germany and Switzerland shared their research and expertise on the topic "Researching media changes: On empirical conceptualizations of media and communication change in research networks".
Members of the following research networks participated in the workshop:
- DFG priority program 1505 "Mediatized Worlds"
- Research network "Communicative Figurations"
- DFG research group "Political Communication in the Online World"
- National Center of Competence in Research (NCCR) Democracy
- DFG Research Training Group "Trust and Communication in a Digitized World"
- DFG Research Training Group "Locating Media"